5 things to consider before analyzing the data collected during your virtual event
There was a time when the most clearly attributable data for tracking an event’s ROI was revenue from ticket sales and sponsorships. With the advent of virtual events hosted using advanced technologies virtual event platforms  , measuring levels of engagement and impact has become easier than ever. But learning from the data remains a big challenge. Here are 5 strategic ways to get actionable reports on your next virtual event:
- Focus on the ideas: Understanding data and analysis takes time. If you haven’t already, help your team improve skills by enabling the learning of resources and experts who can learn from the data collected. The sheer volume of data available can cripple analysis, rather than clarity.
- Leveraging partnerships: Your sponsors and exhibitors can be your friends on this learning journey from ideas. Explore partnerships with companies that have a good track record of running virtual events and have experience breaking down data to make it easy to understand.
- Use a platform that prioritizes engagement: Take advantage of a technology platform that gives you an array of possibilities that will drive engagement at the live event. Make sure tracking engagement is easy too. You need to break down the data, segment the audience, and see which steps led to the right engagement so you can repeat success..
- Share information with sponsors: Take your partners with you. The more transparent you become with the data you have collected, the more they will trust you. Share in-depth information that highlights their performance at your event. These could be visitors to the booth or session engagement during sponsored sessions.
- Integration with your favorite tools: Managing a successful virtual event is about making sure that all the essentials – people, technology, and processes are running in sync. When evaluating virtual event platforms, consider how well they fit into your existing event and marketing technology stack. Does it seamlessly connect to marketing automation platforms like Hubspot? This will allow you to easily follow customer journeys and allow your team to build engagement campaigns effortlessly.
Virtual events are going to be one of the key strategic initiatives in your growth strategy, and the ability to learn from data is essential to your mission. If you are looking for a reliable event platform that understands this need, Hubilo is ready to partner with you and drive your success. It tracks over 60 dimensions across key attributes such as event engagement, session engagement, networking, and exhibitor ROI. Find out more here.