LONDON – (BUSINESS WIRE) – Dec.6 2021–
8×8, Inc. (NYSE: EGHT), a leading provider of integrated cloud communications platforms, announced that the Rotherham Metropolitan Borough Council has deployed 8×8 XCaaS â¢ (eXperience Communications as a Service â¢) to improve its communications with approximately 260,000 residents of Rotherham.
Rotherham’s board was on a mission to modernize its employee and customer engagement operations with the goal of transforming the way it interacts with citizens. To increase the resilience of the business, Rotherham Council wanted to maximize hybrid and remote working capabilities in all of its business operations. The limitations associated with legacy on-premise solutions from multiple vendors have proven to be a challenge, leading to increased communication costs, long wait times, and system failures.
Rotherham Council needed a cloud-based solution that offered reliable service, consistent integrations with their existing solutions, and the ability to scale and deliver real-time analytics to be more efficient in terms of time and resources. Additionally, Rotherham’s board needed an easy-to-use solution with remote coaching available to train and integrate new and existing staff.
Rotherham’s board selected 8×8 XCaaS, which includes a fully integrated, cloud-native contact center, voice, team chat, video meetings, and CPaaS communications and API capabilities that can be integrated into a single-source solution. one-stop shop, to empower a distributed workforce, while providing adaptable solutions that meet evolving organizational needs.
Additionally, 8×8’s advanced reporting and analytics capabilities, coupled with 8×8 Secure Pay, gave agents and supervisors a real-time view of Rotherham citizens’ responses, including perceived customer experience, enabling Rotherham Council to safely improve and better serve their citizens from a single platform.
Steve Langrick, Head of Digital Services at Rotherham Metropolitan Borough Council, oversaw the project and said: âWe chose 8×8 XCaaS because of its single vendor, integrated cloud communications and contact center platform, which allows us to standardize and consolidate our telephony services and to offer flexibility for our team. The ease of implementation and the availability of training for our staff did not result in any disruption in service during the transition and allowed our employees to provide the best possible service. We are excited to work with 8×8 as we continue to improve citizen and employee experiences. “
The Rotherham Metropolitan Borough Council rollout reflects the wider success 8×8 has seen in the public sector in the UK and Ireland this year:
- 8×8 XCaaS is now deployed in more than a third of London’s boroughs. Other public sector organizations that have recently chosen 8×8 include:
- The London Borough of Hounslow, which provides services to over 270,000 residents. They selected XCaaS and 8×8 Voice for Microsoft Teams to consolidate disparate systems on a single cloud platform to support more than 2,800 employees.
- NHS National Services Scotland handles over 1 million calls per month at its peak, supporting immunization helplines, reservation services, blood transfusion service and COVID 19 testing and protection service They have extended their XCaaS 8×8 investment to a current total of over 2,500 UCaaS and over 1,300 CCaaS seats.
- The Buckinghamshire Council, which provides services to around 800,000 citizens in the region, has realized the value of XCaaS. After deploying 8×8 UCaaS across the organization for 4,500 employees, they have now added 250 CCaaS seats to further improve the customer experience.
- Kent and Medway NHS and Social Care Partnership Trust (KMPT), an NHS provider of secondary mental health care, selected 8×8 XCaaS for 3,200 seats to improve patient safety and experience. XCaaS will integrate with major ICT platforms, deliver year-over-year profitability improvements, improve security compliance, and enable a âwork from anywhereâ experience for staff.
- Police, Fire and Crime Commissioner for Essex provides policing, fire and rescue services for the county of Essex in the east of England, supporting 1.8 million citizens. Essex County Fire and Rescue Service selected 8×8 UCaaS and 8×8 Voice for Microsoft teams to improve their communication capabilities at 50 fire stations and over 1,400 staff.
Jamie Snaddon, Managing Director, EMEA at 8×8, Inc. said: âMaintaining, and even improving, employee communications and citizen engagement is fundamental for public sector organizations to ensure that citizens feel supported, in especially as local demands change. 8×8 XCaaS provides Rotherham Metropolitan Borough Council with the capabilities their employees need to communicate and collaborate from anywhere, while delivering a differentiated level of citizen experience.
8×8 XCaaS is built on the resilient, secure and compliant 8×8 eXperience â¢ communications platform that delivers the highest levels of reliability and the only 99.999% SLA platform-wide and financially supported by a solution integrated UCaaS and CCaaS cloud.
About 8×8 Inc.
8×8, Inc. (NYSE: EGHT) is transforming the future of business communications as a leading provider of software as a service of 8×8 XCaaS â¢ (eXperience Communications as a Service â¢), an integrated contact center, communications voice, video, chat and API solution based on a global cloud communication platform. 8×8 uniquely eliminates the silos between Unified Communications as a Service (UCaaS) and Contact Center as a Service (CCaaS) to meet the communication needs of all employees globally as they work together for offer differentiated customer experiences. For more information, visit www.8×8.com, or follow 8×8 on LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook.
8×8Â®, 8×8 XCaaS â¢, eXperience Communications as a Service â¢, and 8×8 Global Reach â¢ are trademarks of 8×8, Inc.
See the source version on businesswire.com: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20211206005233/en/
CONTACT: 8×8, Inc. Contacts: Investor Relations:
Kate Patterson, 1-408-763-8175
[email protected]×8.com Media:
John Sun, 1-408-692-7054
KEYWORD: EUROPE IRELAND UNITED KINGDOM
INDUSTRY KEYWORD: VOIP NETWORKS TECHNOLOGY TELECOMMUNICATIONS SOFTWARE
SOURCE: 8 x 8, Inc.
Copyright Business Wire 2021.
PUB: 12/06/2021 04:01 AM / DISC: 06/12/2021 04:02 AM
Copyright Business Wire 2021.