LOS ANGELES–(BUSINESS WIRE)–March 11, 2022–
Triller announced his Trillerverz 5, “Line of Greatness” event, a family affair featuring iconic clashes of legendary boxing families, presented by Triller Fight Club followed by a battle of Verzuz to be announced. The event will take place at the Los Angeles Forum on Saturday May 14, 2022, and stream live on FITE worldwide via PPV or TrillerVerz subscription on FITE. It will also be available on all major cable and satellite via iNDemand and Joe Hand Promotions retail locations.
This press release is multimedia. View the full press release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20220311005451/en/
“The viewership numbers for each of the individual TrillerVerz events would have filled every football, baseball and basketball arena in the United States at once, and that’s something we’re incredibly proud of,” said Mahi de Silva, CEO of Triller. “We love nothing more than breaking creative ceilings and delivering epic new programming with something for every viewer while breaking ratings records. Whether it’s Jake Paul knocking out an NBA star with Snoop smoking in the background; or Lox and Dipset bringing it to the biggest crowd in Madison Square Garden history, we’ll always push it to the next level. One thing we can promise is to expect the unexpected” , added de Silva.
Attached is a chart detailing TRILLERVERZ events with respect to the average viewership of the network’s other top-tier shows over the past twelve months.
The extraordinary numbers of a new industry venture truly validate the rapid success of TRILLERVERZ, created and overseen by world renowned producers SWIZZ BEATZ and TIMBALAND and produced by TRILLER FIGHT CLUB, the internationally renowned company known for associating boxing world class and iconic music legends. .
Megavisionary Nigel Lythgoe, creator of American Idol and So You Think You Can Dance, who remains the event’s producer, said, “Triller blends art forms, visions and audiences. Just like we did with Idol or So You Think You. Can Dance, we merge the world of combat sports and music while keeping in mind that the younger generation is used to a world of fast-paced, highly visual and always-on-the-move content. shots and lighting them like a movie, we deliver a product like no other,” added Lythgoe.
The Complete Fight Club Card Includes:
- SERGEY KOVALEV VS. TERVEL PUEV
- Kovalev last fought tied with the current pound-for-pound No. 1 fighter in the world, “Canelo” Alvarez, before stopping in the 11th round. His illustrious career includes victories over Bernard Hopkins, Eleider Alvarez (twice), Jean-Pascal (twice) and Isaac Chilemba. He also holds two highly controversial losses to Andre Ward.
- Pulev, a bronze medalist at the 2012 Olympics, younger brother of two-time world heavyweight title challenger Kubrat Pulev, returns to the ring following a knockout victory over Vikapita Meroro on July 29, 2021. He is currently the WBA title holder International Cruiserweight.
- KUBRAT PULEV VS. ANDREI FEDOSOV
- Kubrat ‘The Cobra’ Pulev (28-2, 14 KOs) will face Andrey Fedosov (32-3, 26 KOs) over ten scheduled rounds at heavyweight. Pulev returns to action following a first-round knockout of Frank Mir on November 27, 2021, at the first-ever Triad Combat Event in Arlington, TX. Pulev has defeated many heavyweight boxing contenders including Samuel Peter, Hughie Fury, Dereck Chisora, Tony Thompson, Alexsandr Ustinov and Alexander Dimitrenko. His only defeats came to world champion boxers Wladimir Klitschko and Anthony Joshua.
- In Hollywood, Florida, the heavy-handed Fedosov had just won a first-round knockout of Mahammadrasul Majidov on April 17, 2021. It was Fedosov’s eighth straight victory, seventh by knockout.
- SON OF LEGEND EVAN HOLYFIELD VS. OPPONENT TO BE ANNOUNCED
- Also featured on the undercard, the son of a legend, Evan ‘Yung Holy’ Holyfield (9-0, 6 KOs), will compete in a scheduled six-rounder in the junior middleweight division. He is the son of three-time world heavyweight champion Evander “The Real Deal” Holyfield.
- FERNANDO ‘EL FEROZ’ VARGAS JR., AMADO ‘EL MALVADO’ VARGAS AND EMILIANO VARGAS’ VERY ANTICIPATED PRO DEBUT
- Rounding out the card, the Fernando Vargas dynasty continues with the highly anticipated professional debut of seven-time amateur champion, lightweight Emiliano ‘El General’ Vargas. He will join his highly regarded and undefeated brothers on the card at the star-making venue, junior middleweight Fernando ‘El Feroz’ Vargas, Jr. (5-0, 5 KOs) and Amado ‘El Malvado’ Vargas (3-0 , 2 KOs), competing in the featherweight division. They are the sons of three-time world junior middleweight champion Fernando ‘El Feroz’ Vargas. All three bouts will be held over four rounds.
Launched less than two years ago, Triller Fight Club has already sold over 3,000,000 pay-per-views in the past year, making it one of the best-selling combat sports/entertainment platforms around. . TrillerVerz’s widely acclaimed monthly series, including world-class pro boxing and Verzuz Music Battles, has consistently been at the top of watched shows with an average of over 6,000,000 views.
Trillerverz 5 signals Triller’s continued commitment to its legacy of innovation by recognizing the “Lineage of Greatness,” a unique and iconic cultural experience that features world-class fighters and global hip hop legends in an epic battle of Verzuz rap. Trillerverz 5 carries on its legacy in this unique, globally broadcast event for fans of a new form of entertainment. Trillerverz 5 opens doors and answers questions for those in the ring, on stage, in the arena, and for anyone watching around the world on their TVs and devices. Fans of what’s new, now and to come, be sure to get your tickets to attend or order the PPV now to ensure you don’t miss a second of this incredible collision of art and action.
This Triller Fight Club PPV event, priced at $29.99, will air in North America on all mainstream PPV television platforms, including cable, satellite, and telco PPV television providers, including Xfinity, Spectrum, Contour, Fios and Optimum (USA), among others, as well as major carriers in Canada. It will also be offered at commercial outlets through Joe Hand Promotions and globally via digital streaming to all major outlets listed below.
**HOW TO WATCH The May 14 Event via Global Streaming**
Digital broadcast via FITE and all FITE mobile apps, Smart TV, IPTV, game controller and OTT as well as the event microsite hub: TrillerFightClub.com
Commercial outlets can order through Joe Hand Promotions at 1-800-557-4263 or through their website at orders.joehandpromotions.com.
Follow Triller Fight Club on social media:
Instagram: @Triller, @TrillerFightClub
Twitter: @Triller, @TrillerFight
Triller is the AI-powered open garden tech platform for creators. Combining music culture with sports, fashion, entertainment and influencers through a 360 degree view of content and technology, Triller encourages its influencers to post the content created on the app on different social media platforms and uses proprietary AI technology to push and track their viral content to affiliated and unaffiliated sites and networks, enabling them to reach millions of additional users. Triller also owns Fight Club and Bare Knuckle Fight Championships, VERZUZ, the live music platform launched by Swizz Beatz and Timbaland; Amplify.ai, a leading customer engagement platform; FITE, a leading global PPV, AVOD and SVOD streaming site; and Thuzio, a leader in premium B2B influencer events and experiences.
FITE is the premium global platform for live sports and entertainment, offering many industry-renowned PPV events and SVOD packages with over 6 million registered users. FITE is available worldwide through iOS and Android mobile apps, Apple TV, Android TV, ROKU, Amazon Fire TV and Huawei apps. Additionally, FITE supports Samsung, LG, Cox Contour, Vizio SmartCast™, Virgin Media, Blue Curve IPTV from Shaw Communications, Foxxum, Chromecast, PS4, XBOX, ZEASN, Netrange, Vidaa/Hisense, VEWD, Netgem TV, Comcast’s Xfinity 1 and Xfinity Flex plus 7,000 smart TV models. Available online at www.FITE.tv. follow us on TwitterInstagram, YouTube, LinkedIn and Facebook. FITE: It’s on.
iNDemand is an innovative partnership between three of the largest cable companies in the United States: Charter Communications, Comcast Cable and Cox Communications. iNDemand is a company of trusted content aggregators and licensing experts, with unparalleled technical expertise and long-standing relationships with MVPDs, major sports leagues, Hollywood studios and other entertainment and media companies. sports in North America. iNDemand delivers great content to over 80 million homes and has distribution deals with over 150 companies. For more information, visit indemand.com.
About Joe Hand Promotions:
Joe Hand Promotions (JHP) is the pioneer of Outside the house Sports Content Distribution Market in the United States As a full-service sports media and entertainment consultant and distributor, JHP works closely with its business partners to help them deliver the best viewing experience at their facilities.
About the Forum
The Forum, located in Inglewood, California, is the only arena-sized venue in the country dedicated to music and entertainment, providing a superior experience for artists and fans. The iconic venue attracts a wide variety of premier events including the biggest names in music and entertainment, award shows, mixed martial arts and boxing and more. Forum fans enjoy approximately 8,000 square feet of event-level hospitality offerings, including merchandise and food and beverage options. A wall of stained glass separates this concession area from the arena, ensuring fans won’t miss a moment of the show. A 40,000 square foot outdoor terrace wraps around the perimeter of the building and offers comfortable furnishings and food and beverage options from some of SoCal’s most famous brands. Designed for artists and performers, Forum Backstage features flagship-caliber dressing rooms that offer unparalleled comfort. The Forum was honored at the 2021 Pollstar Awards as the recipient of the Arena of the Decade award. For more information, visit thelaforum.com.
Instagram | Facebook | Twitter
See the source version on businesswire.com: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20220311005451/en/
CONTACT: Bernie Bahrmasel
Triller Fight Club
+1 773 592-2986
KEYWORD: CALIFORNIA UNITED STATES NORTH AMERICA
INDUSTRY KEYWORD: SPORTS TV & RADIO ONLINE MUSIC TECHNOLOGY MOBILE ENTERTAINMENT EVENTS/CONCERTS ENTERTAINMENT BOXING WEB SOFTWARE
Copyright BusinessWire 2022.
PUBLISHED: 03/11/2022 15:44 / DISK: 03/11/2022 15:44