Agencies of all sizes have a lot to do. Whether it’s delighting customers and implementing watertight performance marketing tactics, managing crises, or helping customers build lasting business relationships with consumers, you engage in the activities that have an impact on the success of your agency.
But there is an opportunity that many agencies have mistakenly passed up, even as thousands more embrace it today: web accessibility. Including web accessibility as part of your service offerings is the right thing to do for people with disabilities, but it also represents immense business value that drives powerful results for you and your customers, and in more ways than one .
Web accessibility is not just a legal requirement that you must comply with. While mitigating legal risk, accessible websites specifically improve important agency practices such as performance marketing, even as you and your clients proactively promote an inclusive atmosphere on the web.
Simply put, web accessibility is not just an obligation that must be fulfilled; it is an opportunity with many advantages.
Why web accessibility is a prime opportunity
Web accessibility can directly impact good business decisions and agency practices for the better. The first step is to understand the huge market need upon which web accessibility efforts are modeled.
Consider the untapped market. Approximately 25% of the US population lives with disabilities and currently encounters barriers when trying to navigate or perform actions on your customers’ websites. Obviously, this is not a niche sector of the population, but rather a huge part that participates in the digital sphere and contributes to the potential growth of your agency and your clients’ businesses, and we are talking about a purchasing power of $1.2 trillion.
Then we have to be aware of market needs. People with disabilities are loyal consumers who deserve a fair opportunity to access the products and services your customers want to share with them. Therefore, as an agency that serves and guides clients’ business activities, it is a strategic and sound business decision for you to produce accessible websites and optimized user experiences that make the customer journey easier to understand and navigate. from beginning to end.
Thanks to cutting-edge technology (and companies like accessiBe), it’s now easier than ever to add web accessibility to your service offerings.
The Many Benefits of Embracing Web Accessibility
As a valid business opportunity, web accessibility allows you to reach an untapped market and meet their needs. As a pioneer of positive change, consider these many practical benefits as well. When you offer web accessibility to your customers, you can:
1. Increase revenue streams. By tapping into the buying power of communities with disabilities, you and your customers are seizing one opportunity and delivering another. For your customers, you open them up to new revenue channels; for people with disabilities, you create additional shopping opportunities.
The extra influx of transactions your customers are likely to see on their websites is something neither of you want to pass up, especially when it comes to considering KPIs or monetary goals at the end of the quarter.
2. Improve user experience. User experience is directly correlated to conversion and click-through rates. The smoother and more seamless the user experience for everyone on your customers’ websites, the more likely they are to convert and return for other products and services.
An enhanced and truly accessible user experience is tailored to the specific needs of a person with a disability, who can then independently operate and trust your website for the long term with their business. That makes web accessibility a no-brainer, doesn’t it?
3. Optimize performance marketing. Web accessibility is crucial to your agency’s business as it optimizes performance marketing efforts such as campaign reach and SEO ranking. At the same time, it extends dwell time, reduces bounce rates, and increases engagement.
Your clients’ websites will benefit from these enriched practices, as will their businesses and their satisfaction with you as their agency grows. In today’s business landscape, an opportunity to improve performance scores should be considered highly valuable, to say the least!
4. Improve brand reputation. Accessible websites generate positive online and word-of-mouth reviews while boosting customer loyalty and retention rates. Web accessibility offers your agency and your clients the opportunity to stand out and promote each other as inclusive, boosting your mutual reputation and helping them stand out from the competition.
5. Complete your tech stack. Providing web accessibility solutions or services to your clients is essential to being a full-service agency. And that’s why it’s essential to complement your technology stack offerings with a solution like accessWidget from accessiBe; your customers will have access to a tool that does the heavy lifting for them when it comes to maintenance, and it’s easy to install, saving valuable time and money that was once spent on accessibility resources external.
It’s pretty obvious, isn’t it, that web accessibility is a good, smart opportunity that delivers incredible business benefits for your agency and clients while contributing to a new, inclusive web for everyone? It optimizes performance strategies, builds strong relationships with potential consumers, increases revenue, and helps produce a navigable user experience for the entire population.
The opportunity that is web accessibility will reveal itself not only in its benefits, but also in the increased public satisfaction your agency and clients will experience by doing the right thing.
Why not take the rewarding opportunity to include web accessibility in your service offerings? Learn more about accessiBe’s partner program today by booking a demo where you can claim your free agency license.